RE: DA FEDS

To: vandergraaft@aecl.ca
Subject: RE: DA FEDS
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:55:21 PDT
Hi Chuck,

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck"
<vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
To: 'Kit Hildreth' <krisbox@hotmail.com>
CC:
morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Smoggin' & stuff
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999
15:33:17 -0400

Kit,

I think you are misdirecting your accusation that
Morgans are no longer
reasonably priced sports cars.  Instead, you might
want to consider aiming
that arrow in the direction of Washington, DC, (and
Ottawa, ON) where
faceless bureaucrats do their utmost to save us from
ourselves by finding
one safeguard after another and by attempting to save
the environment by
putting restrictions on what we put into the engine and
what is allowed out
the other end.
***
Replace "accusation" with comment, and that would more accurately reflect my
"attitood". The whole raison d'etre of Morgans (in England @least) could be
summed up by referring to them as competitive, reasonably priced(affordable,
if you will) sports cars one drives to the races, competes with minimal
preparation and returns home in same - Chris Lawrence did it with his Plus 4
Super Sports @ the 1962 Le Mans race! I appreciate that over here, Morgan
owners tend to be uniformely well-heeled; whereas in Blighty one could be
not-quite dirt-poor and still run a Morgan. To give you some idea, mine was
my daily driver, race car and touring car for five years all wrapped into
one as HFS originally intended.  I put 56000 miles on it in 5 years.
Different approach I suppose. However, I can only echo your comments as
regards the Feds: one of my favourite american books along with Tom Paine's
"Common Sense" are "The Anti-Federalist Papers".  We've come A LONG way in
this country from those days and they ain't coming back!! Must be something
inevitable @ work! Let's "Move On"!
keep on moggin'
Kit Hildreth
"77 Plus 8 RHD