Re: fink - rutter "brouhaha"

To: ckchapel@fast.net
Subject: Re: fink - rutter "brouhaha"
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:12:18 PDT

----Original Message Follows----
From: Kerry Seibert
<ckchapel@fast.net>
To:
"'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: fink -
rutter
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:10:28 -0400

I hesitate to add yet more
fuel to what seems to becoming the fink and rutter brouhaha but . . . .
.
First, I have to agree 100% with Gerry Willburn's comments, his reply
saves me the effort of  saying about the same thing.
Bill Fink - Even though
Bill is 3000 miles away, he's always been an enthusiastic supporter for our
(MOPs) group be it with sales lit, T shirts, whathaveyou for our banquet,
drawings, whatever.  Back in 1980 when my wife and I drove our aging
(ageless?) 4/4 from PA-CA-PA, Bill was quick to offer safe storage at Pier
33 for the Moggy so we could play tourist for a couple of days.
Melvyn
Rutter - We've known Melvyn&Sindy for over 15 years and we too can't
understand Kit's "hard-on" for the guy. We've watched his kids grow up,
visited them on numerous trips to the UK, had them as guests at our house,
bought a car from him, and recently he was kind enough to not only store an
aging Mini-Cooper for two years for us but also take the time and effort to
go through the car to make it safe and reliable for our use on our recent
holiday.  Yes, sometimes his prices
seem occasionally high but he is a
businessman and is offering parts AND a service that many of us are very
happy with.
May we move on?

                      Craig Seibert      (1961
4/4 and 1968+8)
*******
Fair Enough. Impeachment trial over! Glad to see Melvyn has improved from
the time of my aquaintance - 1979 - 83, where the feeling of "SMOGMOG" in
general,  verged on the contemptuous.
Movin' on
Kit Hildreth