Movin' on & smoggin'

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Movin' on & smoggin'
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:56:00 PDT
Interesting little thread running thru' the pro-Fink posts, in light of
which let me inform you of the following: having established that help
federalising MOGS would not be forthcoming from the ISIS camp, I then went
through a little charade with our friend Bill to the extent of indicating
I'd found a possible buyer and would be in need of a new Plus 8. WELL! Where
DID that red carpet suddenly come from?! Yes! Of course I'd love a road
test, and thank you for letting me park MOGS @ Pier 33 while I take a run!
No Bill, licking my boots clean is not neccessary, but a shoe-shine would be
nice! The initial somewhat surly indifference contrasted sharply with the
overweaning obsequience exhibited @ the prospect of a sale to put it
charitably. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Had I not been
the same person perhaps my scepticism and raised eyebrows might have been
less intense. But through it all I was a Mogger: I'd hoped/expected that
that would result in some measure of fraternal feeling of the sort I
experienced in UK @ Libra Motive, Bill Wyckhams and of course "Dougie's"
that doyen of MOG shops! Not a bit of it. As I said, if you're buying; YOU
BET Bill's a nice guy! . I will say that even if he had been unable to do
the work himself for perfectly legitimate reasons,  help/advice  & parts of
the sort I took for granted from UK people in the same business surely would
not have done any harm and re Public Relations would actually been
beneficial to someone who relies upon word-of-mouth etc for business. Had he
made some effort, you may sure this particular thread would be dead before
it started!
When I winge'd to Steve Miller about it, his response was "Well, now you
know why we parted company. I'd go out of my way for a non- car buying
customer and Bill would scupper that in some way and leave me with egg on my
face, among other things!" (Steve is from UK originally) NUFF SAID except
thanks for your back-up Willie!
A few of you might be interested to know that Steve considers that he could
produce Morgans - including a drop-head coupe, if so required - @ half the
price Fink's asking AND STILL make a profit on each car. 'Course, Pete &
Chas might be a bit miffed, but shows you what can be done with a simple
vehicle like the Morgan. "Morgan(A) Motor Car Co." anyone?  It would be
interesting to find out what the percentage of Federalised Morgans are in
owners hand in comparison with the total # of Owners.  Wish - like Chuck -
more sheckels were available to yours truly to set Steve up and put MOGS out
to grass. Oh well,
keep on moggin'
Kit Hildreth
'77  Plus 8 RHD