Re: An Alternative to Electric Fan?

To: "Armando Picciotto" <apicciotto@nvusd.k12.ca.us>,
Subject: Re: An Alternative to Electric Fan?
From: "George Gerth" <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:08:33 -0700
Armando is correct, the nylon(?) fan blade is quite effective, but it is
VERY noisy at higher RPMs.  I would call it more "Hoover" sounding than
turbine sounding.  It reminds me of an old military Jeep.  If you like to
run high revs., this is not for you.

BTW,  I replaced an older four bladed stamped steel fan with this new one (I
think I got it from Isis Motors in SF years ago).  When I inspected the
steel one that I removed, I found several cracks around the mounting holes.
I think that it was just a matter of time until it broke apart and sent
pieces flying everywhere...

George Gerth
63 +4
Santa Barbara, CA