RE: Insurance

To: "'John T. Blair'" <jblair@exis.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserman@actsnet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:41:40 -0500
John:

My story probably will not help you, but it did create a loyal customer for
the insurance company.  Several years ago I was  into old Mercedes.  My toy
in those days was a 1970 300SEL 6.3 with Astral Silver paint and a navy blue
leather interior.  I had a fuel line rupture in the parking lot of one of my
clients.  In five minutes the car was gone.

Anyway, when it came time to meet with the insurance folks, I brought my
notebook with all my receipts.  The estimate to bring the car back was $35K.
I knew there was no way they would do that, but I did not know what to
expect.  The adjuster asked me if I knew how much money I had invested in
the car.  I told him that I just happened to know that to the penny and
produced my notebook with all of the receipts in plastic sleeves and an
adding machine tape in the front.  His response was, "Why don't we just cut
you a check for that?"  So I walked out the door with a check for everything
but, the gas that had gone in the tank over a five year period and my labor.

I still miss the car, but can not complain about how I was treated.  Besides
I got a Morgan out of the deal.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4 Series V Competition
83 Mercedes 300SD