Re: Answer & Question

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Answer & Question
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:52:36 -0700
Defroster: I saw one that sounds identical when I was at Cambria about
10 years ago and it was claimed to be original.  Certainly someone
else on the list has the definitive answer.

As to the year issue: I have a '67/68 Plus Four depending on when and
how you want to count it.  Apparently it was assembled in mid-67 but
didn't ship out for delivery until 1968 (by several months).  Is the
car dated by its completion year or ship year (and as with the
industry term of 'model year', when exactly is it considered the
following year model by the calender?)?  My 62 was at Earls Court in
61 but its considered a 62.

These are burning questions that demand conspicuous consumption of
numerous valuable electrons (sorry, I'm all out of neurons at the
moment).

As for documented value: An earlier post suggested using market values
from Hemmings Motor News which sounds like a pretty strong position.
For mine, they asked what I wanted for the value and I simply picked a
figure that was slightly higher than what I paid for it (based on what
I figure the market will demand), and they accepted it (collection may
be another issue however).

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer