Parallel Universe (response)

To: "Morgan List" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parallel Universe (response)
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:22:03 -0400
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

Richard,

You have put your finger on an important point.

We are a community here, a group of people with a
common interest to communicate. Luck and circumstances
allow our Mail List to succeed where others fail.

We are a small group and that has works for us. We are
 not 10,000 MG or Triumph owners, we are not even
 30,000 Morganeers, we are 300 internet enabled Morgan
owners. The internet resources for us are few and easy
 to centralize. This also keeps us "cohesive" where
 others are not, at least for the moment.

There are four interactive communication conduits vying
to be our communication conduit. The first is this List
 which has brought and keeps most of us together.

The second is Fred Kuzyk's interactive Morgan message
 board at http://www.delphi.com/msccc/messages

The third is Fred Kuzyk's Morgan Chat Room at
 http://www.delphi.com/msccc/chat;

The fourth is Fred Kuzyk's new Morgan Chat Room at
http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/browse.asp?cid=.
4g3TS 2kkNzU

I had, in the past, created internet chat rooms for my
children. They take only a minute to set up replete
 with technological bells and whistles. The kids had a
 ball every night with a little community of pals. Two
 weeks later they learnt how to open other chat rooms
 themselves and within two weeks they had 10 more rooms
for different subjects, different cliques and different
 friends. Two weeks more and nobody knew when or which
 chat room to go to and they were all sending emails
 trying to announce or coordinate a meeting rather than
 communicating at one. It caused ill will and their fun
 "community"  collapsed and that was that.

We here may be small in number but we are a "fun and
 supportive band" because of the cohesiveness this List
 creates. We should try to protect that.

It is true that the communication capabilities of this
 List could be supplemented in the future. I am sure
there are ways of doing this together that will give us
 good fit and does not rock the community boat.

Lorne
1984 Plus 8 EFI