Re: lubrication

To: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Subject: Re: lubrication
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:39:22 -0400
I have used 90 wt gear oil in a variety of transmissions over the years,
ranging from Getrag and ZF to Moss to the excellent Volvo four speed.
Haven't had any problems lube related, but must learn to take it slow
when the gear oil is cold. That's okay by me, I'm usually slow and cold
too. Now have the 90 wt in my 57 Plus Four box. Works perfectly on the
track and the road. I suspect a lot of the gnashing of teeth and
crashing of gears has to do with developing an educated right hand (or
left hand, for home boys) These boxes speak to you, you do have to
listen or bear the consequences.

Chip Brown