Autumn Mog XXI

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Autumn Mog XXI
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:33:10 -0400
Hello Folks,

Our Autumn Mog chairman, Burt Fendelman, asked me to pass this on to you.

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 yellow 4/4 competition model
Morgan 3/4 Group, USA

AUTUMN MOG XXI

On the verge of the new millenium, we are looking back to our roots, the
50's, when the first MOG was held in October, the autumn of the year, of
course.  Once again, a finale to the glories of spring and summer for a
gathering of all Morgans and their owners with leaf viewing, antique
shopping and good food tossed in as a bonus for the event of the year.
The Interlaken Inn, October 8, 9 and 10 is absolutely THE PLACE WHERE
ALL 3/4 MORGAN OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS WANT AND NEED TO BE!

HERE'S WHAT IS BEING SAID ABOUT THE BEST MOG EVER:

LOOK MAGAZINE says the winding roads and historic villages around Lakeville,

Connecticut make up the most magnificent countryside ever!  Tree experts
are saying the fall 1999 colors are going to be the best!

LIFE says the northwest part of Connecticut is the antique capital of the
U.S.A.

COLLIERS says the most wholesome American experiences can be found in the
foothills of the Berkshire Mountains around Lakeville, Connecticut.

LADIES HOME JOURNAL says the most memorable experiences in the world are
going to occur on Columbus Day weekend at the Interlaken Inn in Lakeville,
Connecticut.

SATURDAY EVENING POST predicts the 3/4 Autumn Mog to be an unsurpassed
automotive experience.

BENSON'S AUTO REPORT says the challenging hills and winding roads of north-
western Connecticut are where many of this country's greatest drivers had
their beginnings.

The festivities will begin Friday evening when we gather for an
out-of-doors,
under-the-stars, barbecue dinner - BBQ chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers,
corn
on the cob, watermelon, strawberry shortcake, oh my!  Of course your Morgan
hosts did not forget liquid refreshments of beer, wine and soda to soothe
the
rugged spirits.  AND THAT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

Saturday morning, for those so inclined, there will be a clean-up-and-shine
time and place for early risers, the "John Jennings" concourse follows for
all
to have the opportunity to view and judge the best of the best.  Also,  a
glorious rally and Lime Rock go-arounds at reasonable speeds - right?
Saturday
night will bring more foods, a banquet at the Interlaken, with awards after
dinner.
A thrilling auction will follow for the dearest things you never knew you
needed.
And then there is Sunday for more thrills and excitement.

The cost will not quite equal the 50's numbers, but a very reasonable $370
for two
to cover the cost of two nights' lodging at a really fine inn, the two BIG
meals,
tax and gratuities included.

The registration packets have been mailed out and if you have not received
one,
or would like more information, please call Burt Fendelman at (212) 559-6615
(day)
or (212) 388-0090 (evening).

We have been informed that the Interlaken Inn (800-222-2909) is fully booked
and
you may need to seek lodging nearby.  A listing of hotels, motels, and inns
in the
Lakeville area will again be made available in the registration package.
Please
remember, it is leaf season in October, which means lodging will be scarce.

Reserve now!