Rear seals +8

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear seals +8
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 20:14:43 -0400
Hi everyone.

My 1991 +8 is leaking grease from the axle/wheel bearing into the brake drum
department.  We thought it was fluid from the wheel cylinders so replaced
them, but still greasey stuff still shows up.  Next step is to pull the hubs
and replace the seals.  Fred Sissons book has lots of great information
about this procedure, but considering the vintage if my car, has anything
changed?

If there are still two seals on each side, must they both be changed, or is
it only necessary to change the outer seal?  While the wheel bearings are
out... what do I look for to see if they need to be replaced, or just repacked?

Thanks, as always, for your collective help.

Gary
1991 +8 R10432
Grafton, OH USA

Admittedly, not an experienced car tinker type, but learning fast.