Tyres and wheels

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tyres and wheels
From: "Ray Westwood" <rwestwood@priory.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 01:01:38 +0100
After 5 years of ownership my '87 4/4 4 seater is in need of a new set of
tyres. Is tyre choice critical for Morgans - does anyone have
recommendations/advice they could helpfully pass on?  My car has a mildly
tuned CVH engine and I'm fairly happy with the handling currently - on
Uniroyals which I keep at the regulation 18psi.

A separate (potentially more expensive) query relates to wheels - I have
Rostyles in quite good condition but have always yearned for red powder
coated wires like the 4 seater supersports in John Worrall's book. The £1500
(1500gbp) or so I've been quoted seems very high - are there any cheaper
options available?

Ray Westwood