Insurance on racing cars

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance on racing cars
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 06:18:49 -0700
        I have an insurance question for the members of the group who race
their cars. I have been considering getting into vintage racing for
sometime. My wife thinks I have totally gone off the deep end, but I think
it would be another great way to enjoy a vintage car. Anyway that is a
question for another time.  My question for now is what kind of insurance
coverage can one get for a car that is raced through the club events sure as
VSCCA? Can you get collision on the car? Can you get liability coverage in
case you run into another car and injure the other driver? I am pretty sure
that most standard policies are null and void if the car is entered into any
kind of racing event.

        Thanks,
        Phil Roettjer
        Upton, Ma