Re: Compression Issues

To: "Phil Roettjer" <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compression Issues
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:53:58 -0400
Phil,
I would agree with John. A leak down test can be more accurate. I've done
them with a Mighty Vac Pump. But the numbers quoted on your compression test
are fairly consistent, especially the 2nd set, maxed-out after more cranks.
Even the earlier numbers only have a variance of less than 15% between the
highest & lowest. I have had some engines run decently even when the
compression was quite low. Uniformity is the key item. Oil always improves
the readings - unless you have bad valves. So don't worry, be happy!

Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk

Morgan Sports Cars International
http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/browse.asp?cid=.4g3TS2kkNzU
Where the membership is free and anyone in the world can post photos, links,
event dates, articles, discussion, files,
& meet for real-time chat on Morgans!

My Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada site:
http://members.xoom.com/msccc/