Re: Check yer bolts

To: HABCTRMD@aol.com, ebrown@ms.com, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Check yer bolts
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:15:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/99 11:01:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HABCTR MD
writes:

<< Dear Linus,
 In acknowlledging Rule and Corollary Number one let us not forgot Murphy
standing by in his Castrol stained jumpsuit saying, "So all he's gonna do is
change the generator bolts heh."
 Rick Rader >>

Actually it wasn't so bad.  I loosened the adjuster bolt, then pulled the two
bolts that hold the gen. bracket into the block one at at time.  They
appeared to be OK, so I put them back in with a little blue LocTite and new
split lockwashers.  Looks to me like the Ford design isn't so subject to
"hogging out" and coming loose, since the bolts snug the bracket right up
against the block.