Re: part colors

To: <re3@ix.netcom.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: part colors
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:43:17 -0000
Rudy-I have that book; it wouldn't be much help as most photos are
black&white with little detail. I think the best reference book for your
purpose is "Original Morgan 4/4,Plus4 and Plus 8" by John Worrell and Liz
Turner(1992,Bayview Books, ISBN#1 870979 29 X ) That said, my limited
observation is that for Morgans of the 60's, most running gear is either
black ,or, in my car's case, some blue (Ford engine blue?) paint left in the
spray gun at the factory that day which has effectively covered the rear
axle, shocks, springs,driveshaft, etc for 31 years. I've also seen red rear
suspension on one other car.Many items, such as the firewall/cowl appear to
have been painted with a broom. I guess this adds to the charm, but I don't
think I would restore it to exactly this standard. Later cars appear to have
a much nicer finish.
            Jeff Smith
            1968 4/4 1600