Re: Early +4 Steering box

To: <TrmpetDave@aol.com>, <ecummins@bellsouth.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Early +4 Steering box
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:52:52 -0700
The pin is very hard and I doubt that any k ind of a "wallop" that you can
give it would havea any benificial effect.  New pegs are available and it is
possible to press out the old peg and press in a new one.  The worms also
wear over time and so do the sector shafts and the bush for it in the body
of the sterring box.  We sometimes have to bjore out the body of the box and
istall a 2'nd bushing where the sector shaft originally ran directly on the
cast body of the box.  This is quite usual when the box has been run  low on
oil for any length of time.
                                                                Regards,
Greg Solow

The Engine Room