Re: "Charged" Triumphs

To: "Lorne M. Goldman" <gomog@angelfire.com>
Subject: Re: "Charged" Triumphs
From: FRED COHEN <cohenf@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 09:43:50 -0500
Two of the problems with a supercharger on the Plus 4 are that the motor
is much too heavy for its displacement and the cooling capacity is
marginal.  The supercharger will add unneeded weight and heat.
 If you really want to make a faster, better Plus 4 get the new light
alloy head from Moss Motors in England to replace the cast iron lump and
thereby save weight and get rid of some heat.   Then get an alternator
and a gear reduction starter and the three together would probably save
eighty or more pounds off the front end and gain an easy twenty percent
more power.
Expensive but a nice solution.