RE: Moggie Xmas wreath

To: "'Lannis'" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Subject: RE: Moggie Xmas wreath
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:28:13 -0500
Lannis

> The old professor who used to own Elton's Morgan used to make a point, on
> snowy days, of riding around Lynchburg with the top down, a leather cap,
> goggles and a long "duster", and spreading joy and good cheer (not to
> mention adding to the legends of his eccentricity) with snow blowing all
> around and a white frosting on the car.  Of course, Elton is paying for
> that
> now, payment being in the form of new ash and steel to replace the wet,
> rusty stuff....

        My thesis advisor at Penn State used to do that as well, back in the
'60s.  He owned a red TR2 that he always drove with the top down.  When I
got my '52+4, I had no choice but to emulate him. However, I could fold the
windshield down, and he could not (although he could take the windshield off
quite easily).  I remember meeting him once on a snowy day on campus, he in
his TR2 with the top down, I in the +4 with the top down and the windshield
folded down.  " Of course, [I am] paying for that now, payment being in the
form of new ash and steel to replace the wet, rusty stuff...."

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB