Re: supercharge

To: TrmpetDave@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: supercharge
From: "Snake 357" <snake357@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:38:33 PST
Production figures I have state that 3,765 turo charged F-85 Jetfires were
built for 1962 & 5,842 for 1963. Oldsmobile claimed this was the first
production car in the US industry to deliver 1 horese power per cubic inch.
These numbers aren't huge. Good luck if looking.

Personally, if I were to use this set-up, I would use a "modern" water
cooled Garret Air Research T3 turbo (as used on Buick Grand Nationals or
Mustang SVOs) for endurance & reliability.

The turbo can be plumbed down low but I don't know if a Holley would fit in
a Mog. May have to bulge the bonnet, or go for that '60's shaker scoop look.
-Ssssseasons Greetings,
Snake