[Fwd: Re: Spindles]

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Spindles]
From: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:30:21 -0700
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:29:24 -0700
From: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
To: Greg Solow <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: Spindles

Greg Solow wrote:

> Plus Eight and heavy duty +4 spindles have stub axles that are the same size
> as one another.  They are both 3/4 inch in diameter at their outer ends and
> larger at the inner bearing.  Regular +4 and 4/4 spindles are 5/8 inch in
> diameter at their outer ends and are smaller than the +8 parts at their
> inner ends also.  They are substantially weaker then the largercomponents.
>                                                                 Regards,
> Greg Solow

Fellow Morganeers:
It is my understanding that the HD 3/4" spindles are not uesable with
drum brakes...or so i was told.

Also the new standard 5/8" spindles come with a longer threaded section
to which the wheel bearing nut is fixed. In order to use the standard
cast alloy Morgan screw-in dust cap, the spindle itself must be
shortened.

Best holiday greetings to all.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net