Looking for Mr. Good-Trans

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for Mr. Good-Trans
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:09:43 -0500
Hello Folks,

I'm searching for a tranny replacement for my '62 4/4.  The reverse
gear is packing it in, popping out whenever I back up.  I reckon a
trans replacement is cheaper than the labor for a fix, especially
since one Bozo tried without success.

The engine and trans in the car now are replacements.  The
engine is a 1500cc non-crossflow Ford replacing the original
1300cc motor. It's probably a '63 or '64.

And the trans is presumably it's mate, since the peculiar push-
pull Morgan shifter was eliminated and replaced with a standard
stick-shifter, bent over so as to fit under the dash (which works
remarkably well)

For you numbers types, the model number cast into the
right side of the current trans is "116E 7651B" and there's
an "F2" cast on the left side.

Anybody got any leads?

Thanks!

Joe D