RE: Looking for Mr. Good-Trans

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Looking for Mr. Good-Trans
From: "Montilla, Arthur Neil (Neil)" <anm1@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:50:16 -0700
Joe - I don't know if this will be of any help but, I recently did the same
thing for my 62 4/4.  I have an uprated 1600 crossflow (weber & headers) and
got a transmission transplant last year.  In my case it was 4th gear that
was shot.  Charley at Classy Chassis  (305-238-6991) checked out various
gearboxes I had seen at The Wire Wheel (http://www.wirewheel.com/) in Port
St Lucy, Florida, and we got one for $300 in good shape.  I had Charley
clean it up and change all the bearings before putting it in the car.
Classy Chassis does great work on restorations and race car preparation in
the Miami area and has quite a bit of experience with racing the ford
engine.  They are not cheap but you can't beat the quality.  Good luck -
Neil