RE: Looking for Mr. Good-Trans

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Looking for Mr. Good-Trans
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:55:35 -0800
John,
I had a similar experience on a used trani that I had purchased for my MGB
with the intent of rebuilding it myself. I had no history on this unit and
had purchased it from a junk yard.  After I took it apart and had
inventoried all the parts needing replacement, it turned out that would be
less expensive to buy one from Quantum Mechanics already assembled and
checked out. I traded in the used unit as a core and John at Quantum
Mechanics was also pleased since the core was already dissembled and
inventoried.

Anyway this is the only time that I have purchased a rebuilt unit since I
usually prefer to rebuild them myself so I know what I have. I went this way
with the MGB since their cost is reasonably low compared to some of the
rarer ones. With the +4 Moss box I took it down last winter and replaced
everything that needed replacing. I also replaced all the bearings just
because I had it apart and don't want to do it again for a long time!

Regards,
Phil Roettjer
67 MGB
67 Morgan