Re: Gasoline or petrol

To: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sk.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Gasoline or petrol
From: "wms" <wms@vaxxine.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 03:10:58 -0500
In my humble opinion any bouycot would need to be a month long and we pick a
company brand to bouycot for the month .
Unfortunatly some independants use the big four for fuel supply . Also some
of the dealers would suffer the most but would soon fight for supplies .
 In Ontario for example , we have about four companys left . I think that
Petrocan has gouged the driver the most and would be a good place to start .
The following  month Esso could be hit for a month and the following month
Sunoco etc. Right now the fuel suppliers don't care how much a barrel of
crude costs because they just pass it on with the slightest excuse.They got
the bad publicity last year so will now make up for lost bucks . If we could
get them into a crunch they would have to try a little harder to be
competative or we could just have three suppliers to deal with . The
consumer still has the big stick and they should know it . With the net and
a few other methods it would not be hard to get out to people . We all know
that fuel is a necessity so we must buy from some source ,the lowest price
usually
          As far as pollution is concerned , I think the BS that has forced
many people in this Province to buy a new car when they were not ready to do
so should have taken care of a lot of that.Five years from now we may be
back to square one though , not the fault of the consumer .
          I just hope the Government (if you can call it that ) does not
mind if I put my prices up 5% to offset the extra expense of shipping .
 don't get me going on the shipping by truck bit ) I'm not sure that that
will cover both shippings now .( in and out)
         Anyway  I had the Morgan   old   #5112 out for a toot an Monday
feels and sounds good .Have a great summer , the Mogs are not bad on fuel .
                            Cheers            Glenn Nigh