RE: SUVs

To: "'Ross.Stein@kp.org'" <Ross.Stein@kp.org>
Subject: RE: SUVs
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:57:04 -0500
        Ross,

        "I suppose SUVs have legitimate uses (as they did before the current
madness) so here's a proposal. Simply present your Contractor's License,
Farm Deed, or other such proof of need and you can buy an SUV just like
always."
        Present the licence to whom?  Who determines which use is
legitimate?

        "If not, you can buy it after paying the same gas guzzler tax that
the Ferrari, Lambo or (I presume) new-model Morgan pays. Plus an appropriate
insurance sur- charge. And no, having a large family is not a good reason to
have an SUV, you've caused enough damage to our planet already"
        How "large" is large?  We've got four kids.  Have we caused too much
damage to our planet?

        "Get a minivan, please."
        Nah, the kids have left home, the 87 Olds Custom Cruiser gets
minimal use as it is.

        Just wondering...

        Chuck Vandergraaf
        '52+4 (among other)