RE: jack stands

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: jack stands
From: "Blair, John" <JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:50:28 -0500
Chip,

   How much is your life worth???!!!  Don't buy CHEAP jackstands!!!!!

While the Morgan is only about 1,400 pounds, so the stands don't have to
be too strong.  But, now that you have a pair of stands that will support
500# ea. and decide that you need to get under the front of your Rover.
How much does it weigh???

  I have only been purchasing "heavy duty" jack stands - rated at at least
2 tons ea.  So I can safely support anything from my Morgan or Sonett III
to my 3800# Bricklin to my Mini van.

  Moral of the story, buy something that will support more tha the heaviest
vechile you own!

John

John T. Blair  (jblair@exis.net)
Va. Beach, VA