Re: '64 +4 4 place (I think?)

To: CHarris990@aol.com
Subject: Re: '64 +4 4 place (I think?)
From: Jim Walters <bristol@coastnet.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 1994 13:26:32 +0000
CHarris990@aol.com wrote:

> John,
> Your car may be a parts car.  4/4 4 seaters were made after your car's
> chassis was made.  Your original engine number should be stamped on the
> center lip of your bonnet.
> Harris
Just to make things even more confusing, about 20 years ago I resprayed
a 59 4/4 2 seater that obviously was a four seater at one time. One
could easily tell by the remnants of the wood in the rear area, they had
just cut enough out to attach the sloping back panel. At that time, 1980
or so, it was apparent that this modification was done a very long time
ago, I just assumed at the time that it left the factory as a 4 seater.
Jim.

PS, I'll be signing off this list in about three weeks until the
beginning of August, I'm taking my 38 Packard in the Around the World in
Eighty Days Motor Challenge, interested parties can follow my progress
at   atw.csp.net