'64 +4 4 place (I think?)

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: '64 +4 4 place (I think?)
From: john manning <jlm10@freewwweb.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:35:03 -0400
Got this Morgan about a month ago and just registered it on the
Morganville web site. When I looked up my listing it had been changed
from a +4 to a 4/4, I assume because of the #B1171 on the chassis. I see
that all others with a "B" in the number are 4/4's. But I checked the
engine # and it starts with a "TS" and ends with an "E". From my
research I see that this is a TR2-3 engine not originally fitted to a
Morgan. But the title and hood badge both say "+4". The previous owner
had no info on this car except that it came from Long Island. Can anyone
shed light on this "modification"?
Thanks, John