Re: '64 +4 4 place (I think?)

To: Charles A Harris <charris990@aol.com>, john manning <jlm10@freewwweb.com>
Subject: Re: '64 +4 4 place (I think?)
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 17:51:03 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

John
While the Chassis differs between the 4/4 and Plus four the difference is so
minor that one could modify either to fit the other. If your instruments are
Plus Four ( ie: big with temp, oil , fuel and amps all under one glass in
one instrument) I would guess that someone "repaired " a wrecked or rusted
Plus 4 using a 4/4 chassis.
If the gauges are small there and  only three  mounted  in the gauge and the
guage us mounted in the wood rather than the metal panel in the center, odds
are someone upgraded a 4/4 using a Plus 4  body.
The main concern is the rear end. A 4/4 differential  is  numerically higher
and would really cause the TR engine to scream.  If your RPMS are  3200 at
60 MPH and the speedo is not way off them you have the Plus 4  rear end,
Look at the bright side, when ever the 4/4 vs +4  debate breaks out again on
this list ( and it will ! ) , you will have one foot on the winning side !

Bob Nogueira     'Who  gave up taunting 4/4 owners  for lent"