Wire Wheels and Tubes 2

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheels and Tubes 2
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserman@actsnet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:31:32 -0500
Thanks for all of the information.  Let me comment on what I have and have
not done so far.

Each time a tire goes flat and the shop or I worked on it I checked were the
problem was.  It was never on the inner side of the tube where the spokes
are.  Both rows of spokes are taped and I have had the spokes checked.  I
have also used talcum powder on the tubes and had the tire shop do likewise.
They thought I was crazy but did it anyway.

Things I did not consider are that my Dunlop SP20 tires are ribbed inside.
I was told by someone else that I should not use tubes in tires with ribs as
well.  I also never considered the question of tags or stickers on the inner
tube.

This brings up another question, since my car has not been de-cambered,
should I be running bias belted tires?

Steve Bauserman
67 4/4 Series 5 Competition