Wheel bearings

To: Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com
Subject: Wheel bearings
From: Elton & Jane Wright <delicate@rev.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 06:39:57 -0400
Dear Greg and Others,

I have read with interest your recent comments on wheel bearings of
Morgans.  I am re-doing my 1967 4 seater and one of the next jobs is to
check/replace the wheel bearings and seals, and install new wire wheels.  I
am choosing painted 72 spoke wheels for their durability and "fixability"
in the future.  I haven't found any specific instructions about torque or
adjustment specs when installing or checking hubs, and not too much more
commentary on wire sheel care.  I would appreciate your comments.

Elton

Elton & Jane Wright
Salem, Virginia, USA            delicate@rev.net
1967 Morgan Plus Four Tourer    1954 Morris Minor
1973 Land Rover 109 Regular w/Pickup cab
...moving soon to a larger garage and parking area...