'Wooler' Shift Extension

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 'Wooler' Shift Extension
From: ECPlus4@webtv.net (Eric Campbell)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:46:03 -0400 (EDT)
Fellow Listers,this may be a duplicate message, so I'll apologize in
advance if that's the case.  I'm currently in the process of restoring a
'57 4/4 Series II roadster, the one powered by the mighty Ford 100E
engine.  Attached to this amazing powerplant is a 3 speed trans with a
very unique 'through the firewall' shifter, featuring a reversed
shifting pattern.  Apparently there was an optional shift setup
available at the time the Series II was produced.  This version was made
by a UK firm called Wooler and it resulted in a shift extension with a
'conventional' shift pattern.  These Wooler setups were rare pieces of
kit, and Uncle Melvyn advises that, in 20 years of visits to Beaulieu,
he's only seen one of them for sale. I'm sending this note along on the
odd chance that someone has one of these items in his/her attic or
garage, or has a lead as to where I might start looking. Thanks in
advance for any help.
Eric Campbell
57 4/4
67 Plus 4