Re: 'Wooler' Shift Extension

To: Eric Campbell <ECPlus4@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 'Wooler' Shift Extension
From: John Bigler <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:18:41 -0400
Hi Eric,

I've seen and driven the Wooler shifter, but I doubt that one would help
you, even if you could find it.

As far as I know, the Wooler shifter was used only on the Series III and
later cars, as an improvement over the later style 4-speed linkage...   I
doubt that it would fit onto a Series II with the 100E engine.  And, in the
installation that I drove, it came with a set of gear ratios that was less
than ideal.

Still, it's a pretty thing to look at...   especially if you can find one
that has the name "Morgan" cast into the shift lever housing.  Good luck !

John Bigler
'48 Series I 4/4
'57 Series II 4/4 (original)