Alloy wheels to replace steel...

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alloy wheels to replace steel...
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:24:01 -0400
Another topic...

I'd like to replace the plain steel wheels with something that has
a bit more pizzazz.  One option is to convert to wires - very
expensive what with the hubs and labor and all.

So naturally I'd like to find out about any aftermarket alloys that
can be bolted right on.  I'm visualizing something like a spoked
MiniLite or PanaSport, but will stay open minded to anything
that looks "period" to a 50-60's style automobile like the Morgan.

I'm dubious about anything that will bolt on because it coincidentally
has the right bolt pattern (like VW Beetle wheels) due to offset
issues.  Extreme offset can do in your wheel bearings.

Any suggestions?

Joe D