Re: Gas tank removal

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank removal
From: BobTescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:06:37 -0400
Hi John:
I just went thru this project in July. Sorry for not responding sooner. On my
flat rad, the removal of the tank requires that the wooden framework below the
tank be lowered out of the way so the tank neck will clear the body work and
then when the tank is unbolted from th wooden framework and the wires and fuel
line disconnected, the tank will slide forward into the passenger compartment.

To lower the framework, the carriage bolts (I think 4 on each side) that go thru
the back of each wheel arch need to be removed and there are two screws at the
front edge of the framework that tie it to a similar wooden piece that runs
across the " luggage area".

Once removed, I took the tank to a radiator shop who unsoldered the ends and
cleaned the inside. Once returned to me, I used the POR 15 tank sloshing kit to
do the inside.

So far so good, ...except the beast seems to overheat above 3300-3400 RPM. But
thats another problem--for the radiator shop to check out. The radiator likely
has a buildup of sediment too cause the car sat for about two + years. This too
proves that using 'em still seems to do 'em good.

If I can help with more directions, please ask

Best of luck
Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net