Thread and size of wheel studs...?

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thread and size of wheel studs...?
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@pfizer.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:24:26 -0500
Hi Folks,

Nothing is ever easy with a Morgan!

I'm trying to order a simple set of alloy wheels for my '57
4/4 (MiniLite style) from Compomotive in England via MotorSport
Specialties in PA.

But they keep sending me the wrong freaking things! First it
was wheels with 5 bolt holes (perhaps intended for +8's?).

Next it was a set of wheels with hub holes that are too small.
I might be able to cope with that using spacers, although it
will cock up my offset and maybe interfere with the fenders/
wings.

To compound my frustration, they sent lug nuts that were way
too small for the robust Morgan wheel studs. Naturally I'm
looking forward to requesting a correction as soon as the
staff returns from their holiday, but I don't know exactly
what size and thread type I do need. It's almost certainly
Whitworth, but WHATworth??!!

Does anyone out there know the exact specs for those pesky
studs and nuts?  I need to explain to these twits exactly
what to send. They're hopeless without help.

Best Regards for the Holidays,

Joe DeLuca
Ledgewood, NJ
'57 yellow 4/4