RE: daylight lights / seat belts / cooling

To: "'George Dow'" <gdow@pylon8.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: RE: daylight lights / seat belts / cooling
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:31:09 -0500
George,

If the bright light dazzles you, the driver in (on?) the oncoming vehicle
probably has his (her) high beams on.

I don't have any statistics on the impact of daytime running lights on
safety. I prefer to see them used in this part of the world.  To those who
eschew this sort of "big brother" approach, let me remind you that, at one
time, cars only had one stoplight and that the direction one wanted to go
was indicated by arm signals.

Chuck Vandergraaf
in Pinawa, where the days are slowly getting longer.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///