Re: [Fwd: [rovernet] Morgan-Rover parts needed]

To: Mrgn914@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [rovernet] Morgan-Rover parts needed]
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:08:24 -0500
Mrgn914@cs.com wrote:

> If you need gearbox parts for a Morgan 5 speed, I would suggest Rimmer Bros.
> in the UK.  They do have a web site out there.  I have had some dealings with
> them for V-8 parts and found them to be helpful and fast.
> Cheers.
> S. Stierman  69 plus 8

Rimmer is a good company...solid and reliable for most items. They list
the Rover 5 speed reconditioned in their latest catalogue at 295 pounds
or $463 USD, a significant saving over the 1999 price. Twice a year they
come to the States for presentations at large British Car shows and on
those occasions they will bring your gearbox (or whatever) over and THEY
will pay the shipping. Otherwise, they will use their shippers from
England to the US but will be happy to choose yours if you ask and that
can be a big saving if you have a cheaper company.

If you are changing the gearbox, remember to put in a new clutch.

Lorne
'84 Plus 8 EFI

///
///