Re: Electric fan source

To: Dick Love <slikdik@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Electric fan source
From: Chas Wasser <ohmog@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:26:52 -0500
Dick -

You might try your local retail style auto parts store such as
AutoZone.  In my neighborhood they carry electric fans down to 10" in
diameter which can be set up to work as pushers or pullers.

One of their fans should fit into your radiator cowl.  However, from
my experience and all my research, pusher fan installations are not
optimal.  That is, the fan itself blocks air flow and contributes to
cooling problems that it's trying to fix!

You might want to think about alterations to fit an electric fan behind your
radiator. The current technology lets you mount these units directly to the
radiator core so they don't use much space at all and their built in shroud
dramatically helps cooling efficiency.

Regards, Chas Wasser

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///