Re: Morgan 4/4

To: "Tom Boes" <tjmga@home.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Morgan 4/4
From: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:50:22 -0500
Tom,

A well prepared 4/4 should weigh around 1500 lbs. You can get it down to
1450 but you will spend a lot of money to do it.

The transmissions in the later cars had a shift extender to bring the shift
lever back to a spot roughly beneath the dash board.

I happen to have a spare rebuilt gearbox with shift extension and an
aluminum bell housing that I took out of my 4/4. It will bolt up to the Ford
1500/1600. If you are interested I may part with it. I just got a new hip so
I will be on the sidelines for a while.

(I have a spare non cross flow 1600 rebuilt long block and head too)

Dave Bondon
1964 4/4 (with Lotus TC)

[This message delayed, as it was sent by someone who has their mailer set to
automatically include the entire message to which they reply.  mjb.]

///
///