Re: Insurance?

To: morgan list <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance?
From: smanwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:22:23 -0500
I too have a Morgan and two Rovers on a policy with Grundy.  They are
one of the few that handle both liability and comprehensive/collision in
Massachusetts.  One "feature" of Grundy's policy is that they are not
willing to cover a car under restoration unless it is more than 70%
complete (not sure I have the number right, but it excluded my Plus 4
which is a rolling chassis without engine/gearbox/body at the moment.)
They seem efficient about making changes to a policy, billing and
sending out forms needed to register a car.

I have given up on J C Taylor.  They refused to cover my 4/4 because it
has a 1500 engine and originally had the 1172.  I explained
that 4/4's had the same size engine a few years later and concurrently
Plus 4's had 2000 cc engines in the same chassis, but they wouldn't
budge.
Apparently ANY changeto the engine rings alarm bells with them.  Twice
they
said they would transfer my Plus 4 from a NY policy to the MA policy,
but
they never did.  They take months and repeated requests to complete any
paperwork
whether it is billing, sending out coverage statements or registration
materials.

--Steve Manwell

A Hart Jr wrote:

> Pat,
>
> I highly recommend the Grundy agency.  Jim Grundy, the owner, is deeply
> involved with the antique car hobby.  He owns several early cars and

///
///