Re: Front Disc Brake Pads

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Front Disc Brake Pads
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:04:40 -0500
Ron Theroux wrote:

> Need your help!!!!
> Have been around the block several times on this one, with no success
> Up graded my 1958 +4 from front drum to Girling disc brakes in 1990, from the
> factory   Now its time to replace the pads.

Hi again Ron

If you go the GoMoG General Part Directory and scroll down to "Brakes"
you will find a link to Porterfield Brakes. This California company
(right next to Gerry Willburn), is quite amazing. They specialize in
carbon kevlar brake pads and shoes for racers AND the classic market.

I first ordered a set of pads from them with some trepidation but they
had come very well referred. Within a week of installing the pads, I
forgot about my thoughts of a new 4 pot front system and disks in the
rear. Instead I just bought carbon kevlar shoes for my rear drums and I
am very happy I did.

If you trace your pads for them or send them one they will fix you up in
no time. Alternatively they can just redo what you have. You want their
R4S quality.

Lorne
http://www.gomog.com

///