Re: Electronic ignition for 1971 +8

To: del@pscc.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition for 1971 +8
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:31:51 EST
In a message dated 3/7/01 7:53:31 AM, del@pscc.com writes:

<< It doesn't appear that there's a standard PerTronix module for this
distributor.  Would a PerTronix Lobe Sensor module fit?  Is there a
Mallory Unalite setup that will work? >>

Mallory Unilite has been working fine in my '71 +8 for about 20 years. I got
the model that is for competition use only, but it works fine on the street.
You have to get a Mallory disributor-the Mallory unit will not drop into the
original distributor. To fit the distributor, you need a machine shop to take
the oil pump drive cog off the original dist. shaft and put it on the new
one.  It is super reliable-no adjustment or servicing needed. After a few
years I added the Mallory Hi-Fire heat sink, which produces a stronger
spark-didn't really notice any difference. I put it  inside the passenger
compartment, on the left side above my feet, as there was no cool spot for it
in the engine compartment, and it needs to be cool. Mallory stuff is very
reliable-I had previously tried an English thing called Pirhana which was
junk. David Collins, San Diego

///
///