RE: Electronic ignition for 1971 +8

To: "MATTHAEI, STEFAN" <STEFAN.MATTHAEI@bain.com>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electronic ignition for 1971 +8
From: "David E. Labovitz" <del@pscc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:03:48 -0500
Stefan --

Sorry, I should have clearer.  What I was attempting to observe was
that the Packard dual points/coil arrangement is an example of a
solution to the problem you cited.

I'd prefer to keep the points.  My dilemma (and the reason to try
dual PerTronix modules) is that the points and condensers are unique
and nowhere to be found.
The biggest problem is the fibre parts, for which NOS or rebuilt
parts (if you can find them) crumble to dust when you look at them.
A guy in Oklahoma rebuilds them, but only the springs and contacts,
not the fiber.  I've had no luck with his parts.

If anyone knows a good point/condenser rebuilder, I'd be much obliged
to learn of him.

Thanks,

Dave.

--