Re: Wood Work

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood Work
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:42:15 -0500
At 12:30 AM 2/17/02 EST, Evan wrote:

>My concern is the wood work. If my Morgan is true to form then when the body
>comes off there is bound to be some wood that requires replacement. I don't
>think that Ash is that easy to obtain here in Australia. So the question
is -
>Has anyone used other types of wood in restoration? or Does anyone know of
an
>Australian source of Ash.

Evan,

  Have you checked out my Morgan Web page (www.team.net/www/morgan)?  I have
written several articles on the wood work.  To answer your questions, I used
oak for some of the replacement wood (sill plates), plywood for the flat
pieces (floor boars, inner rear fender panels, and gastank bed).  You can
also rebuild some of the wood (if it is rotted) with West System Epoxy.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org