Re: Wood Work

To: <Keboom05@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wood Work
From: "Robin & Ron" <robinnron@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:40:08 -0500
Evan,

    For what it is worth, I believe ash is second only to spruce in specific
strength, that is, strength per unit weight.  It is also among the best in
absolute strength.  That said, I would think that any hardwood that works
well for furniture would work OK (assuming treatment is used such that
rot-resistance isn't much of a factor), but you would be adding some weight.

Ron Kerans
67 4/4 SV Comp