Re: [oletrucks] Re: Fuelie heads

To: "Wayne Osborne" <wcosborne@inetnow.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Fuelie heads
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:45:54 -0800
I'm not sure, but I don't think the 2.02" valves were "stock" until  the
introduction of the 302ci in the Camaro, and the LT-1 in the Corvette.
Most of the early GM heads that I have seen (that were still "stock") had
1.94" or smaller (intake valves).  Unless you are doing something really
extreme with a small block (i.e. high RPM stuff, above 5000 RPM or so, or
large displacement like the 426ci small blocks), the big valves will not do
a lot for you.  The 1.94" will normally give better low RPM performance.
Just my  $.02 worth of opinion