RE: [oletrucks] Re: Fuelie heads

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Fuelie heads
From: Richard Kinas <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:21:57 -0500
The double hump identification was used on the 3927186 "186" heads and the
3991492 "492" heads.

The 186 heads were produced between 68-72 had 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust.
This was refereed to as a fuelie head and came on 302, 327, and 350 motors.

The 492 heads were produced between 68-73 had either 1.94 or 2.02 intake
valves with 1.50 or 1.60 exhaust valves and came on 327 or 350 motors. 492
heads with 1.94 intake valves were intermediate heads. If they came with
2.02 intake valves they were high performance heads.

This and other engine information can be found in "Chevrolet small block
V-8 interchange manual"
Author David Lewis, Published by Motorbooks International Osceola,Wisconsin
54020.

1959 Chevrolet Apache      ____    3100