[oletrucks] Re: Trucks & other stuff

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Trucks & other stuff
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:47:16 -0800
OK,  here is the lowdown on 57 heads according to the Classic Chevy Club
International.

57  V8  2bbl    #3731554
57  V8  4bbl, F.I. 283hp    #3731539
57  V8  2-4bbl 245hp, 2-4bbl 270hp, F.I. 250hp  #3740997

The last two casting numbers both have the single point casting on the fron
of the head.  Chevrolet produced heads with the single point casting up
into the 60s.

All I know about "camel hump" heads is that there are three different
casting numbers that carry that mark.  They were used from 62 to 68 on
everything from ChevyIIs to Corvettes to trucks.  They are much sought
after and command a good price.

BelAir Bob
57 1/2 ton Panel custom
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.