[oletrucks] another bedwood question-sorry

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] another bedwood question-sorry
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:00:52 +0000
I hope this question has not been covered lately.  Let me know if it
has.

Can someone tell me where I might look for bedwood installation info.
I don't know if I need to mill the planks where the skidrails go or
if I just start bolting.   My 3100 has not had wood since I have
owned it and the trucks that I have looked at all had older wood in
them so I couldn't tell if they were milled under the skids.

Also, I would like to know the original configuration of the support
members underneath the bed. My truck has had plywood for 10 years and
the support members are all moved around.  Are there supposed to be
shims under the members?

 My manual doesn't even talk about the bed and I haven't been real
aggressive in finding the answer to this question.  I have the wood
and the rails. I need to know the entire process because I have
nothing to compare with.

Thanks.
Eric Pesci